Help Centre

Go EPC Leeds are your local and independent Energy Assessors since 2016.

We provide Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for residential properties in Leeds.

Chris & Graham are both fully qualified and registered with STROMA Certification Ltd. This is in addition to holding full insurance and current DBS check. 

An EPC is required whenever a building needs to be let or sold – its the law and if you don’t have one when you need one you could be fined.

In all cases the responsibility of the EPC sits with the vendor/landlord. 

An EPC shows how energy efficient your property is on a scale of A -G. It also includes estimated running costs and recommendations for improvements.

Currently we are unable to produce EPCs for commercial properties including shops, offices, hotels or other public buildings.

You can search for a Commercial Energy Assessor on the .gov website.

We operate a fixed cost pricing model based on the size of the property with nothing to pay upfront.

Starting from just £65 for up to a 3 bedroom property in Leeds we are competitively priced compared to arranging direct through your Estate Agent. 

There are no hidden extras or VAT to pay.

There is nothing to pay upfront.

You can pay your Assessor on the day of the Energy Assessment in cash, or by electronic bank transfer following the Assessment.

Please note EPCs will not appear on the .gov EPC register until payment has been received. 

The assessment takes various aspects of the property into account which determine the energy rating.

This includes the size and age of the property, floor and wall construction, heating system(s), windows and doors and any insulation present. 

Typically the assessment should take no more than one hour. The Assessor will require access to inspect the gas/electric meter along with any loft space. 

The UK Government recently changed the format of EPCs which are now displayed as a .html webpage rather than .pdf download.

You will be emailed a secure weblink URL to your EPC which can be accessed through any web browser. 


EPCs are valid for a period of 10 years from date of issue. During this time an EPC can be used multiple times.

If significant changes are made to the property, for example improving insulation, building an extension or upgrading windows or the heating system we would always recommend commissioning a new EPC to reflect this.

If you moved into your property less than 10 years ago you may already have a valid certificate for your address.

You can search for an existing EPC on the .gov website for free using your postcode. 

If there have been any significant changes to the property, for example improved insulation, an extension, new windows or replacement heating system we would always recommend commissioning a new EPC to reflect this.

In 2018 the UK Government introduced new legalisation for domestic private rented property, mainly the minimum energy efficiency standard (MEES). 

Landlords can no longer let or continue to let properties covered by the MEES Regulations if they have an EPC rating below E, unless they have a valid exemption in place.

If you are currently planning to let a property with an EPC rating of F or G, you need to improve the property’s rating to E, or register an exemption, before starting any new tenancy.

If you are currently letting a property with an EPC rating of F or G, and you haven’t already taken action, you must improve the property’s rating to E immediately, or register an exemption.

Full guidance can be found on the .gov website.

Go EPC Leeds can provide tailored recommendations on how to improve the rating of your rental properties including scoring on what difference any potential improvements would make to the EPC. This will allow you to make an informed choice before any outlay on improvement works to help you achieve a rating of E or above. 

If you still have questions or would like to learn more please contact us.

Return to the Homepage.